Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Papercraft Silhouette Project

I have got so used to using my Silhouette cameo to cut vinyl, that I have become lazy about trying it with paper, which is much more tricky to cut. But I bought it to cut paper so I am determined to keep trying.

Here is card I made this week, using a file called Butterfly gate-fold card, from a lady called Monica, who offers lots of lovely cutting files for free on her blog. If you use any electric cutting machine, it is well worth paying her a visit. She offers her files in many different formats, so they are suitable for most cutters.
I chose some double sided card and was pleased when it cut very well. I decided to use the pretty floral side for the inner surface, and the plainer green for the outside. I used a Signature die to cut the sentiment and added it to the front of the card, having first added some pink stickles glitter glue to help it to stand out.
Then I used some Art Impressions stamps and a Versafine Olympia green ink pad, to stamp vines and shrubs on each side of the front.
Thy looked rather plain so I raided my bin and rescued all the tiny off-cuts of paper from around the sentiments etc and fussy cut all the pink flowers from them. I glued these to the vines. To finish it off I added pink stickles around the butterflies at the top of the arch. I had also cut out two free-standing butterflies  and I reversed these so the flowers were on top, and glued them over the centre of the lattice on each front. There were two holes below the front butterflies at the top, that were part of the design but served no real purpose to my mind, so I fixed a pink butterfly brad in each of these.
Here is a close up of the right hand front to show the details, and because it is a truer colour than the other photos.
I was hoping to enter this in Mrs A´s Butterfly challenge, because it says it runs until 20.00 GMT which means there is still a couple of hours to go, but Mr Linky has disappeared so I guess I am too late. But not to worry. I don´t make cards to enter challenges, but enter them if they happen to fit. I made this card with someone in mind and enjoyed doing it, and that is what counts.
But I will link it up over Pixie´s Snippets Playground, because those flowers are the tiniest snippets I have ever used!

9 comments:

Virginia said...

Fab card - so much detail and how lovely of the lady to offer free templates

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate this is stunning - love the details, especially those tiny flowers!!
Blessings
Maxine

Veerle said...

OMGosh Kate, this is absolutely stunning. Waauw. That shape is so brilliant, beautiful card. I don't know what a silhouette cameo is. Love your card. HUgs, Veerle xx

Di said...

Absolutely fabulous Kate!As you say, some teeny snippets used up too in the making of this beauty.

Hugs

Di xx

veronica said...

Love the shape, and the arch of butterflies - you have so much patience to cut all the flowers out, but the result is worth it.

JoZart Designs said...

Kate, that is so special, a triumph that you must be so proud of. Beautifully made.
Jo x

Jean said...

This is a really pretty card,you did a great job fussy cutting all those little flowers.
Jean x

Annie said...

Wow Kate this is gorgeous - what a great cutting file. I must visit this lady and perhaps try out some of her designs.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Yes I'm back blogging - hopefully long term this time as I did miss it. It makes a good record of your creations over the years too. Plus Max and I are thinking about starting Bah Humbug! up again. Hope you'll join in if we do.
Ann xxx

Sarn said...

WOW Kate . . . that is one VERY striking and lovely card. xxx