Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Sunday, December 28, 2014

If you pop over to Debby´s blog, A Scrap Journey,  you will see she is again running her challenge for you to show your five favourite Christmas cards, made by you during the past year.

So here are my five.
Starting with my Journey to Bethlehem card, which I was pleased with because it shows a part of the true Christmas story, and uses the Kings in a way that I haven´t used them before. It was a card that took a while to design, but I was then able to run off a set of 21, which really helped out my total needed. You can read more about it here.



My second card was made after I had watched a Sue Wilson video, and is a CASE of her card, an all white greetings card. I added colour and embellishments to use it for Christmas. See the details here.



Card number three uses a MoManning drawing. Her´s is one of my favourite sites for digistamps. A small run of these cards let me indulge my love of colouring, and despite using the same image, I still made a set of cards that were all different. See them all here.



My fourth card was a small victory for me because I put to good use some of the ´scraps´that I had rescued from my cards last Christmas. I always do this, but I rarely use them. Read more about my recycled images here.



And for my fifth and final card, I chose this one, because I really do like to see a Nativity scene on a Christmas card and this one covers it all. I used the same die to make a dozen cards, but like many of my friends who commented, I actually preferred the two where I cut the die into three elements and used them all on one card. See what I mean by clicking here.



Well that´s my choice of five, so now, why not follow me over to Debby´s blog and see what other folk have chosen, and maybe add your own favourites too.

6 comments:

Sally H said...

Five wonderful Christmas cards, Kate! Lovely to see some nativity scenes. I also love Mo Manning's images. It is my 'go to' site if I don't have a stamp that suits the occasion.Hope you had a great Christmas and that 2015 brings you everything you wish for

Wendy said...

Beautiful selection of cards.
Wendy xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Great selection of cards Kate - I think i may have made five different designs this year, and that is a bit of a record for me!
Blessings
Maxine

Desire Fourie said...

Kate this is a stunning series of Christmas designs and such a wonderful reflection of your awesome creative talent. Thank you so much for sharing them. Also wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and happiness xxx
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous selections of Christmas Cards.
Thank you for joining in with my Favourite Five Christmas Cards.
luv
Debby

Sue - said...

A lovely selection of cards!