Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Happy Birthday to an dear sister.


It is well past midnight now, but seeing as that is when my internet starts working normally, I am going to get one more post done before I go to bed. Just to make a change from all the Christmas stuff, I am showing a birthday card I made for my sister who was 84 this week (I think!). I was running out of time and nearly sent her a card from my stash, but I remembered that months ago I bought a digi stamp specially to use on a card for her, so I printed it off and got colouring. This is the card I made.
Many of you will recognise the image as it is the one on the ´front page´as it were, of Aurora Wings digi stamp site. My sister has always loved pansies, and for as far back as I can remember, if anyone mentions pansies in the family, they automatically think of our Brenda, so this was the perfect stamp for her.
I printed it out several times so I could layer the butterfly and the largest flowers. I coloured her with copic markers and cut her out using one of my more recent dies from the Heartfelt Vintage labels eight set. The base card is purple pearlescent and fortunately I had a snippet that matched it, big enough to cut the mat for the image, and the Happy Birthday (Britannia Die). The background is from a Papermania pad and it is really a very pretty mint green, though it looks more like grey in my photo. I used another oddment of green card to cut the butterfly border, (a memory box die I think), which was too long for the card, so from the piece left over, I cut some single butterflies to use as embellishments.
I seem to do everything in a rush these days, but for a rushed card I was quite pleased with the end result, and another rush to the post office during my choir practice coffee break, means it might just have reached her in time for her birthday tomorrow, (or today seeing as it is past midnight!).
Right, fingers crossed I´ll be able to link this up with Pixie´s Snippets Playground before I close, and if I can get any sense out of this computer in the coming days, I will try to visit one or two of my lovely blog-land friends.

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate this is amazing -love your colouring and colour choices, and the contrast of the green die cut is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Kate - and so lovely that it's pansies for your sister who loves them. It'll be all the more special!

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

A lovely card Kate, I love the colours you used and the pansies are beautiful.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

A perfect card for a lady who loves pansies!

It is so pretty, Kate...such a lovely image!

Shirley-Anne said...

And you did visit me ..thanks a lot Kate .
I don't visit any one as much as I would like either, due to carer duties but really do try to return visits .
Now your card is quite delightful . Those pansies are stunning
Your hair and face colouring are amazing .
Warm wishes for a glorious Christmas .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Pat said...

A pretty card and the colouring is beautiful Kate. I love the MB butterfly border and the die cut sentiment too. I think pansies symbolise 'thoughts', so even nicer for your sister, who I'm sure will love it. x