Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Another Christmas card session

I am well aware that I will need my cards for UK to be written and ready to send in a few weeks time. We have  a few Red days, Spanish bank holidays, to come before Christmas, so I like to get my overseas cards out of the way before the Post office closes, and mail starts to stock-pile. (I might add that I got my first C. card in the post this week!!) However, those of you who read my previous post will know that I have been busy making items for my craft table, and I have another one to prepare for soon, so I haven´t made many cards recently. I was thinking of a quick idea when I remembered some downloaded files I have on my computer that have never been used. 

Occasionally when I am looking for inspiration, or when I want a particular cutting file, I browse the site craftsuprint. I don´t use them often because many of their designs are too elaborate for me, and some leave very little scope for me to ´make them my own´. But if I see a design that really catches my eye, I do buy it and it is there in my files if I ever need it. So I went through my collection of Christmas files and chose a few to make. 

I printed most of them out a couple of times, and then assembled some as given.



Some I changed the colour scheme to one I liked better. (The mats and ribbon were pink in the original for the one below, but I preferred the green).
Many of them are layered either as a whole image, or decoupaged. Some I printed out again so I could add more layers. In the blue one, the twined ribbon in the frame is an extra layer. In the red one it is not. I am not sure it was worth the fiddle to do it.

I don´t often do cute, but I liked these little penguins. There are five layers on this card.
Some I just used the toppers with my own choice of base cards and backing papers. I used a Martha Stewart Punch-around-the-page punch to make the frame. I don´t usually go for pink at Christmas, but this one turned out to be my favourite, with the penguins a close second! The BP is from a Dovecraft 6"x 6" pad called Christmas Blues.


I thought my great-grandson might like this jolly Santa. There was a lot of cutting out and careful assembling needed, but I might try it again a little bigger.

Of course I added some bling to all of them, with ribbons, glitter glue and peel-offs and I ended up with a pile of a dozen or so cards, which are a useful addition to my collection. 


5 comments:

LesleyG said...

wow, you have been busy! What a fab collection of projects! My favourite is the crochet angel, but they are all fab, as are these cards. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your next craft stall xxx

Veerle said...

Beautiful cards Kate. You have been busy ;-)
Hugs, Veerle xxx

Jean said...

Who's been a busy bee then? Great set of cards you have here, I like the Father Christmas one best, (nice colours) and the red one with the candle.
Jean x

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate this is an amazing group of cards - well done on your use of the files and the way you have assembled the cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

Brilliant selection of Christmas cards Kate. Amazing that you've already received a card for this year - that's what I call seriously organised! xxx