Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas cards for two special little boys

I fully intended to post these in Crafty Hazels challenge last week which was to make a card for a child, but I didn't manage to find the time, so I am entering them in her monthly extra challenge instead, which is always anything goes (as long as it's Christmas).
Whenever possible I make individual Christmas cards for my grandchildren, so these are for two little brothers, aged 7 and 9.


The images are both from the Paper Shelter. When you buy a digi image from them, usually you get a ready coloured image as well as an outline one for colouring, plus a printed background, and the same background complete with the coloured image. So there is plenty of choice as to how you use them. In most cases I like the backgrounds so I do use them, but I then decoupage the outline image (having first coloured it of course!). I find this more satisfying, and I enjoy using my copic markers. So that is what I did with both of these cards. I coloured them first, using the printed coloured images as a guide, so that mine would tone with the backgrounds. They were quite fiddly to cut out, but they made a nice pair of cards, so it was worth the effort. I added some glitter glue to the backgrounds and some white 'snow' to Santa's hat and jackets for added dimension.
I shall go and link them to Hazel's challenge for December now.

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Kate these are fabulous - love your colouring and the way you have mounted both the images is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia said...

Oh they are the cutest cards I've seen in an age - love them!

Virginia said...

Oh they are the cutest cards I've seen in an age - love them!

Jean said...

Lovely cute cards, great colouring too. I especially like the sleeping Santa.
Jean x

JoZart Designs said...

Great cards Kate and lots of colour and fun. I'm leaving it to DH to write and send bought ones as I've been so busy making items for CHICS. Hope your sale went well. I took some of the paper cut decs to the German Bazaar and the sold quickly.
I didn't realise I must have published WOYWW post last night by mistake instead of this am so no wonder I was early.
Off to a pine lodge in the Lake District next week so it will be a good chill out.
Jo x

veronica said...

they,re both lovely Kate - really like the snoozing santa one - am sure the boys will love them

Saskia said...

Lovely cards, your grandsons will be thrilled!

JoZart Designs said...

I meant to ask if I could share the piccalilli recipe please?
Jo x

Ruth said...

I love these cards - your coloring is wonderful. Ruth