Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A pair of jolly Santas

I am looking for quick and easy designs for my last few cards, and once again my silhouette machine came to my aid. A while ago I downloaded a cutting file for a Santa face from the Silhouette store, so I loaded it into the software and resized it to fit on a 12cm square card. I duplicated it so the two sat nicely on an A4 sheet and cut them from double-sided adhesive. While it was cutting, I used some light-weight white card to make two base cards.
The next task was to weed out the bits I didn't want, which seemed quite easy after some of the detailed vinyl I have done lately.
It was then a case of removing the yellow backing sheet and carefully placing the image, sticky side down onto the base card.

I peeled off the remaining white layer to reveal the sticky image, and covered the whole area with red glitter. I don't use glitter very much since I discovered stickles glitter glue, but I have quite a collection of it from years ago. I rooted around and found some ultra fine, red pearl, which worked very well. I rubbed it in to make sure everything was well covered and it formed an almost velvet cover, with very clean edges and no static problems to clean off. So I decided all they needed to finish them was a simple red peel off greeting. And there we have it: A pair of jolly Santas, and two more cards for my collection.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Kate these are fabulous!! No need to say more :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Jean said...

Very cute, nice glitter.
Jean x

Ruth said...

Adorable Santa cards.

Saskia said...

Cute!