Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer....

Yes;  it is Rudolph Day again already. By that I mean it is the 25th of the month, so time to show another Christmas card, and link it to Sarn's blog, Stamping for Pleasure. 
Tomorrow is my oldest son's birthday and I once worked out this is exactly the middle day between one Christmas day and the next! (I bet you really wanted to know that didn't you?)! So folks, we are half way there, and what better incentive that that knowledge, to get some Christmas cards made ahead of the November rush.
So here is mine for this week.


I cut the holly frame with my Silhouette Cameo and once again it decided not to cut very well for me. Fortunately I was using up oddments of paper, but I still wasted a lot. In the end I got out the one sort that I know will always cut. It is bright white, pearlescent paper and it is totally non-fibrous, so there is niothing to catch on the blade. So I was left with a white circle of holly which I then attacked with various ink and mica sprays, and some radient rain paint, and I ended up with quite a nice wreath in green with a hint of gold.  I added some red perfect pearls drops for the berries.

I used plain white card for the base and cut a circular aperture which I backed with an embossed circle cut from another project. I then raided some ancient stash, looking for an image to to go on it and came up with these bells. They are slightly decoupaged in three layers, and the card was finished with some equally ancient Christmas ribbon from my stash and a greetings to match the wreath cut with my new Britannia word dies.


I shall enter this for the Rudolph Day challenge, and also for Crazyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 130 which is to use some Christmas greenery.

8 comments:

Saskia said...

It took a lot of paper but I really love your holly wreath!

Jean said...

Love the holly wreath Kate,good idea to make it fit an aperture.Well done for using some more old stash too.I like the holly ribbon.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

That holly wreath looks great around the 3D bell. What a great idea. I have a bunch of 3D elements that would suit this idea...mmmmm

Great job on this lovely card.

Di said...

Great Christmas card Kate - love the idea of the holly wreath around the aperture. Very clever.

Still smiling here this morning at the photo of Arwen - so cute!

Hugs, Di xx

kiwimeskreations said...

That was quite some epic card making session, it sounds! But the result is stunning and I am sure that the sense of satisfaction at a job well done made up for the frustrations enroute!
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

LOVELY holly wreath festive card Kate.

Thanks for joining in again.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Brilliantly put together card, love all the Holly, it is supposed to be good luck if you have holly in the house over Christmas, so who ever get this card will be lucky in more ways than one.

Kath x

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card and so elegant too - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 130 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x