Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, December 27, 2012

My favourite Christmas cards challenge

                                                         


On my friend Di's blog I read about Debby's Challenge to highlight our favourite five Christmas cards that we made in 2012, so I thought I'd have a go. You can read about the challenge here.

So here is my first choice, and it was one of the first cards made this year. You can find the post for it here. I liked the image which I bought in a post Christmas 2011 sale, and it was a delight to colour with my copic pens.
Then, in no particular order, here are my other four choices.


This one was unusual for me as I don't often use monochrome, but at least I used green rather black, and white. You can read about it here.

I like this one because for me it sums up all that is important about Christmas. It was fun to make using my Silhouette cameo machine. Here is the post about it.
I made this one in a last minute rush when I realised that I was still a few short of my target, and as so often happens in such cases, it turned out better than others that I spent more time over. The post about this one is here.
And finally, here is one of a set I made with  a newly purchased Indigo Blu stamp. It stamped perfectly, was quick and easy to make, and worked in every colour combination. I like it for it's simplicity, and it also uses one of my oldest and best loved sentiment stamps.
Now I am off to link this to Debby's site. Why not pop over there and join in the fun. She is showcasing her own favourites so there is some great inspiration, and also offering Christmas candy for this challenge.

6 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Kate. Five lovely cards here.

Happy New Year to you.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love all five, beautiful work!

Di said...

I agree with others, five gorgeous cards Kate! Especially like the sentiment on your final card - we live in hope. Hugs, Di xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Kate - it's great to see your work altogether like this. What a variety you made!
Blessings
Maxine

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful selection of Christmas Cards, no way can I choose a favourite cos each one is so gorgeous.
Thank you for joining My Favourite Christmas Cards.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Lovely Cards. S x