Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WOYWW 122

Hello again fellow crafters. Where did that week go? My desk looks a bit more useable this week. Most of my new stash has found a home and now I am making use of some of it.
At the Ally Pally show I spent a fair bit of time at the Serendipity stall, looking at all the scenescape stamps. I love this technique of using lots of small element stamps to build up a picture. I already have a good collection of Art Impressions stamps which I use in this way, so of course I had to buy some scenescape ones as well. So surrounded by memento ink pads, that I find work very well on glossy card, a selection of acrylic blocks, a few pens, and other stamps from my collection, I set about making a night time scene (in blue). I was quite pleased with that so I double mounted that and let it stand alone on a card. Next I tried to make the same scene in daylight, (in green), which I don't like quite so well, but it is OK. Then I started to make a card front using another set of element stamps, this time by Hobby Art, which I also bought at Ally Pally. This design is a courtyard with an archway that I have cut away and hopefully it will eventually have the day scene behind it. So now I need to finish that off and clear everything away again before my cats come and sit on top of it all. (If you have any trouble keeping your workspace clear, invite a cat in. You'll soon learn to put things away!) But first I will link this to Julia's blog, and pop over to see what everyone else is getting up to this week.Link

6 comments:

Shoshi said...

Oooh gorgeous stuff! Glad you made it to Ally Pally - I'm envious. Still, I did have fun at our local Exeter craft show - deets on my blog.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, and happy WOYWW.

Jean said...

Hi Kate, love your night time scene and the archway. Jean x

Lisa-Jane said...

I was at Ally Pally too! Those places make you spend money like its going out of fashion don't they?! I'm glad you got to experience it in the wonderful weather we had here too. I tend to scrap with just 1-3 pics on a page because I don't scrap chronologically or with an end point in mind. Enjoy your new stash!

Di said...

Hi Kate - didn't you do well at Ally Pally! Hope you weren't over the luggage limit coming home to Sunny Spain - oh, what the heck anyhow! Love to come and help with those Serendipity stamps - your artists eye is going to have great fun with those I bet. I was bowled over by their stand and bought just one, teensy little roe deer - which I rate as my favourite purchase of the day. Do have fun with all that lovely stash - so good to have you posting again! Di xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I like the green card, but I agree the blue one is nicer. I like making my own scenes too, but I need more time to play.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you have the artist in you don't you - those scenery stamps scare me to death mostly! I'm a Stazon gal for gloss card, but that's more to do with the ownership of only 1 memento pad - reserved for when I (rarely) break out the Copics!